This tutorial teaches readers how to most effectively trade shoutouts using ShoutoutPost.com on Facebook. We will discuss the best practices and recommend ways to trade which will produce the best results in these step by step instructions.
- Create an account (it’s free) if you haven’t already done so and login.
- You should now be on the My Trades page. No social accounts will display if you haven’t loaded your Facebook Profile/Page in the Accounts section. Once you’ve loaded your account(s) you will then see all social accounts within a 20% following range to yours on the My Trades page.
- Review all Facebook accounts with a similar niche to yours. You can either manually browse through all accounts or use the category filters (top right) to narrow the results.
- Click the trade button on the account you wish to get more info on. The account’s stats and latest posts will display. If you’d like additional info, click the Facebook link to see their full profile.
- If you like what you see, you can then initiate a timed (the post expires and is removed after a set time) or permanent trade by filling out the form to the right. Facebook is a bit different than Twitter or Instagram when trading a shoutout. Rather than referencing another user by a @username we automatically inserted the Facebook Page preview. Posting the Facebook Page preview rather than the @username is the more effective way to trade a shoutout because users can more easily like the page. Not only that, but the Facebook Page preview is more visual and eye catching. In addition, you may add some text describing the page or suggesting why they should like your page.
- Once the trade has been requested, it can either be approved or rejected by the requested user. There is a 48 hour window for a response and then the trade gets automatically removed by our system. If approved, the requested user then will respond with their shoutout request that you will then need to approve or reject.
- Once both shoutouts are approved, you should begin posting their shoutout as soon as possible. The easiest way to do this is to visit the My Trades section and press the “Auto Post” button. This will automatically post the shoutout to Facebook and remove the shoutout once the time expires (if there’s a time limitation set). Yay, convenience! Using the auto post feature may lower engagement on Facebook, however, we haven’t done enough testing to verify this is in fact the case.
- You can then rate the requested user’s experience and comment on them if you so wish to complete the trade.
Feel free to comment below with any questions. Happy trading!