This tutorial teaches readers how to most effectively trade shoutouts using ShoutoutPost.com on Twitter. We will discuss the best practices and recommend ways to trade which will produce the best results in these step by step instructions.
- Create an account (it’s free) if you haven’t already done so and login.
- You should now be on the My Trades page. No social accounts will display if you haven’t loaded your Twitter profile in the Accounts section. Once you’ve loaded your account(s) you will then see all social accounts within a 20% following range to yours on the My Trades page.
- Review all Twitter accounts with a similar niche to yours. You can either manually browse through all accounts or use the category filters (top right) to narrow the results.
- Click the trade button on the account you wish to get more info on. The account’s stats and latest posts will display. If you’d like additional info, click the Twitter link to see their full profile.
- If you like what you see, you can then initiate a timed (the post expires and is removed after a set time) or permanent trade by filling out the form to the right. You’ll want to mention your @username without sounding spammy. An example of something you could say is “@username posts some amazing photography that’s worth checking out” or “@username posts some exceptionally motivating fitness shots like this one” (when referencing a fitness themed account). Here, you’re obviously referencing your own account in the third person. Phrases like this will get more visits/follows than directly saying “Follow @username” as users are getting more savvy to SFS trading. It’s better to show/tell people the benefits of following you, rather than just saying go follow me.
- Once the trade has been requested, it can either be approved or rejected by the requested user. There is a 48 hour window for a response and then the trade gets automatically removed by our system. If approved, the requested user then will respond with their shoutout request that you will then need to approve or reject.
- Once both shoutouts are approved, you should begin posting their shoutout as soon as possible. The easiest way to do this is to visit the My Trades section and press the “Auto Post” button. This will automatically post the shoutout to Twitter and remove the shoutout once the time expires (if there’s a time limitation set). Yay, convenience!
- You can then rate the requested user’s experience and comment on them if you so wish to complete the trade.
Feel free to comment below with any questions. Happy trading!